cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Snap Pack versioning is broken?

rpatrick00
Contributor

I have a custom snappack (version = 1, sl_build = 42) deployed in my organization’s shared folder that is in used by multiple projects. I have developed a completely rewritten version of the snappack (version = 2, sl_build = 1) that I have deployed in my personal project (projects/Robert Patrick).

I created a brand new pipeline (also in my personal project space) after deploying the new version of the snappack. Unfortunately, the pipeline is using the version 1 snap instead of the version 2 snap. What am I doing wrong? How do I build a pipeline that uses the version 2 snap?

22 REPLIES 22

ptaylor
Employee
Employee

Hi Robert.

Does the snap catalog show both versions of the pack? I would guess that it does. I think the idea with this scheme is to support deploying multiple distinct versions of a snap pack. If you prefer to replace an existing pack, you would use the same VERSION but a new build number.

So if you want to use the new version in your pipelines that have instances of the old version of the snaps, I believe you’d need to replace those older snap instances with new instances created using the new version.

Hope that helps.

@ptaylor No, the Catalog only shows one version.

@rpatrick00, how do you know which version the catalog is showing?

Can you give us the versions you are seeing and what version you expect to see?

Please note, the snap catalogs take significant time to fetch and produce a large payload, so we cache them pretty aggressively. They are fetched only once by designer.

The only way I know is by creating a pipeline with one of the snaps.

Yes, but what version are you seeing and what version are you expecting?

If you could give us the class_fqid that would help.

Also, what project are you trying to create the pipeline in?