cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Who are our Snap builders?

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

Out of curiosity, who has built their own Snaps (SnapLogic Employees excluded)?
What type of Snap did you build?

Diane Miller
Community Manager
10 REPLIES 10

del
Contributor III

Iโ€™ve built three snaps that fit in the flow and transform categories.

omair
Contributor

Iโ€™ve built a simple Snap backed by an account type which retrieves an authentication token when provided with a username/password

Hi Omair,
I am evaluating SnapLogic and I am new to this platform. I developed a simple snap where I hardcoded username/password inside a JSON Generator snap and pass them to the REST Post snap to get a token from my API. Any suggestion how can I store username/password somewhere, and not hard code them tin my snap. What is a proper way of doing it?

Thank you.

Iโ€™ve wondered this before tooโ€ฆ Almost like we need an โ€œaccountโ€ type of object, but just generically for storing some value in a secure way for use by a pipeline. What I have done before is take my values and manually encrypt them one time using the โ€œEncrypt Fieldโ€ snap and a Passphrase type of account, then hardcode that encrypted text in the pipeline, and then decrypt it at runtime with the โ€œDecrypt Fieldโ€ snap for use downstream.

Hi christwr, thank you for replying to my post. I found and downloaded a pipeline that is doing encrypt/decrypt, work in progress. Thanks.