cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Salesforce SnapPack with "Content" as opposed to "Attachments"?

christwr
Contributor III

Iโ€™ve written pipelines to pull binary documents from Salesforce stored as Attachments using the โ€œAttachment Downloadโ€ snap from the Salesforce SnapPack. But I have a new project where similar binary documents are being stored as ContentVersion in Salesforce. When I query the ContentVersion table, the โ€œdocumentโ€ (supposedly in the VersionData field) seems to be another API link:

โ€œVersionDataโ€: โ€œ/services/data/v34.0/sobjects/ContentVersion/068180000XXXXXIoAAO/VersionDataโ€

I assume that API path would probably return the binary document, bit not sure how to dynamically call that API using the Salesforce SnapPack account and snaps. Make sense? Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

mmussitsch
New Contributor II

I know this is old โ€“ but did you ever figure this out? Iโ€™m having the same issue.

Melissa Mussitsch

mbostrom_dtiq
New Contributor II

i am able to get the content version using the saleforce rest api with snaplogic. you need to create a connected app and use the consumer secret and id along with login creds. however when i get the contentversion it comes back as entity base64. iโ€™ve tried various things to decode it with no luck. has anyone been able to retrieve the actual doc from the sfdc content version?