cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sharepoint Online OAuth account, error 500 when renewal since Oct. 30th

joel_bourgault
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

Since yesterday Oct. 30th, sometime between 9h and 12h UTC, OAuth connection to Microsoft Sharepoint ceased to work, with a error 500.

I can reproduce this failure by opening the Sharepoint Online account, and clicking on Authorize (personal info replaced by placeholders):

{
    "http_status_code": 500,
    "response_map": {
        "error_list": [
            {"message": "Request to token endpoint https://login.microsoftonline.com/{tenant}.onmicrosoft.com/oauth2/v2.0/token failed for account \"/{org}/{workspace}/{project}/SharepointAccount\" of type \"SharePoint Online Account\""}
        ]
    }
}

I have two such Sharepoint Online accounts (one for dev, one for prod) and both fail to authorize and to refresh. So I am enclined to think that the issue is on Microsoft side, but I can find no trace of any change in the last days.

Is anyone else facing the same issue?

Thanks for the feedback;โ€ฏthis is blocking most of my pipelines, as we extensively write files to Sharepoint folders.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

joel_bourgault
New Contributor II

After a long search, the root cause is that, in Microsoft Entra ID, for SnapLogic registered application, the Client Secret has expired! The connections attempts are visible in the Entra ID logs.

After secret renewal, the Authorize and Refresh work as expected.

So:

• too bad that Microsoft feedback is not `401 Not Authorized`, that would have greatly helped.
  • hope my post will help others in the same situation!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

joel_bourgault
New Contributor II

After a long search, the root cause is that, in Microsoft Entra ID, for SnapLogic registered application, the Client Secret has expired! The connections attempts are visible in the Entra ID logs.

After secret renewal, the Authorize and Refresh work as expected.

So:

• too bad that Microsoft feedback is not `401 Not Authorized`, that would have greatly helped.
  • hope my post will help others in the same situation!