cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snap for JDBC that runs stored procedure and returns status and results...like SQL execute snap

jcornelius
New Contributor III

I need a snap like the SQL execute snap that returns both the results and the status but is for JDBC stored procedure…does one exist

16 REPLIES 16

Anendu
New Contributor II

Hello Mbowen,

I am currently running Stored Procedure against SQL database using JDBC execute SNAP and its returning me on only the execution status .

DB Version :- SQL server 2017

Can you please help, How to run stored procedure in JDBC SNAP?

Thanks,
Anendu

Hi @Anendu

Our Generic JDBC Execute doesn’t wrap a CallableStatement which is the typical object used to invoke a stored procedures. It allows registering out parameters, etc. However, we may be able to invoke a stored procedure if it has no output parameters and returns no result set – pretty restrictive!

Your questions suggest that you do want to get results back. Please clarify ? As mentioned above, you can invoke a stored function in a SELECT. Nick shows how to invoke a stored procedure in an anonymous PL/SQL block to load a JSON blob, but that’s Oracle – nevertheless, all success stories helpful.

So, tell me a bit more about your stored procedure. BTW, we do have SQL Server snap pack which has a Stored Procedure snap which has very good support for stored procedures.

jcornelius
New Contributor III

Pervasive supports in and out and in/out…the real issue is in the JDBC Execute snap has limit of max 1 output (unlike SQL Execute which allows for max 2…1 for status and 1 for returned data), the JDBC Execute throws exception when the returns is defined for a stored procedure, if I use and out it just does not return the data only the status (ie execution result)

jcornelius
New Contributor III

Pervasive supports in and out and in/out…the real issue is in the JDBC Execute snap has limit of max 1 output (unlike SQL Execute which allows for max 2…1 for status and 1 for returned data), the JDBC Execute throws exception when the returns is defined for a stored procedure, if I use and out it just does not return the data only the status (ie execution result)

Pervasive is not a database we directly support, and as you’ve found, there are limitations using the generic JDBC snap pack. A next step may be to create a support ticket with an example of what you’re trying to do. I don’t have experience with this database, but maybe some other folks on the team do.