cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SQL Server with JTDS

ronmwhite
New Contributor II

Has anyone had success using JTDS to connect to MS SQL Server or Sybase? I have client tools working without issue, but, can not seem to get it to work in Snaplogic with the same configuration using JDBC. Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5

RogerSramkoski
Employee
Employee

Hello ronmwhite,

Thank you for posting to our Community! Which version of the jTDS driver are you referring to? Is it the old/original one from SourceForge or a different one from GitHub? In addition, it would help to know what versions of SQL Server and Sybase youโ€™re trying to connect to.

Is there one better than SourceForge and/or do you have a recommendation? It seems to work well. My config follows. Thoughts?

Microsoft SQL Server
jTDS Type 4 JDBC Driver for MS SQL Server and Sybase

While we might suggest or showcase certain 3rd party drivers that can meet certain needs, we typically do not go as far as to recommend one over another as it really depends on what your needs are and if the driver meet those needs.

What I can share with you from working with the jTDS driver in past scenarios is that the latest version, 1.3.1, which youโ€™re using, is no longer being developed by that team through SourceForge as of 2008. That specific version officially only supports up to SQL Server version 2012.

For SQL Server, have you considered using a JDBC driver from Microsoft? You can find their options at Download - JDBC Driver for SQL Server | Microsoft Docs.

For Sybase, they have some JDBC suggestions at SyBooks Online as well.

JTDS still ships with and is used by default with a lot of tools but I digress. I have tools working with JTDS on the same machine where my groudplex is installed yet I can not get it to work with Snaplogic and was hoping to do so. I will continue to experiment.