cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we hyperlink inside a mapper snap?

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Hi Team,

I was tryin to use native JS function link in order to hyperlink inside a mapper. I found that it doesn’t work, does anyone know a similar functionality or a workaround?

Basically, I was trying to hyperlink an existing column “ID” and wanted to output this in an excel file. Snaps below for reference:

Thanking in advance for your help 🙂

Regards,
DT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Thank you @Lydia and @bojanvelevski for your help on this one. As I can only mark a single comment as a solution, I wouldn’t do justice to one of you but without both of you, this thread wouldn’t have been concluded.

Thank you @Lydia for providing the formula for hyperlink "=HYPERLINK(\"https://www.google.com\",\""+$ID+"\")" and letting me know that a manual intervention in excel would be needed to just go over that cell and click “Enter” for the formula to work.

Thank you @bojanvelevski for sharing the workaround of using a CSV Formatter instead of an Excel Formatter, that solution really helped although it does have a manual intervention but lesser than the one stated above (by going into each cells and activating the formulas)

I’m marking this as a solution intentionally so that I can give credits to both of you and anyone referring to this thread can get best of both the worlds in a single comment.

Thank you!

Signing off from this thread as workaround will do the trick for now.

Best Regards,
DT

P.S. Doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate your efforts and wanted to offend either of you.

CC: @dmiller @robin
#multiplesolutions #creditsharing

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Lydia
New Contributor II

If it’s meant to go on Excel you could direcly write down the formula instead ?
“=HYPERLINK(‘https://www.google.com’,'”+ $ID +“')”

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

@Lydia: I’m testing the string you’ve provided and haven’t found any luck yet.
Have you tried the same string on your end?

I also tried to tweak it as I was getting errors but haven’t been able to achieve the results.

Sharing a sample excel data for your convenience (@Lydia)

snapLogic_Excel_HyperLink.xlsx (10.2 KB)

Lydia
New Contributor II

You are missing quotes/double quotes around your formula. It’s not a snaplogic formula it’s an excel so you need to treat it as if it was text.
Also i forgot some quotes in my first answer 😅