cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Does NS Search Snap call getList action internally?

teja
New Contributor

Hello,

Hope you are doing good.

We are using NS Search, NS Update, NS Get, and NS Upsert Snaps in most of our integrations. We would like to know if any one of the above snaps uses getList action?

When we verify the logs we are always seeing an extra connection or connections were made to NS with the action as โ€œgetListโ€ even though we are not explicitly using the NS GetList Snap.

Can someone help me here on why there are extra connections are being made to NS?

Below is the screenshot for reference

We are mostly seeing this extra connectivity along with the Search action.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8

ptaylor
Employee
Employee

Hi Teja,

We use getList to retrieve metadata about custom fields.

Hope that helps,
Patrick

teja
New Contributor

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your response. Yes it is clear now.

And one more question, does this getList makes n no.of connections to NS for retrieving n no.of custom fields? Because we are seeing 2 extra getList records in the log for one NS search

Thanks in advance.

This has me a bit stumped. Are there any other NetSuite snaps in the same pipeline, or in a separate pipeline that might be executing at the same time? Like a NetSuite Create or Update?

Also, please tell me more about your Search. Is it an advanced search?

teja
New Contributor

We are using NS search with advanced option enabled. Our pipeline is having NS search, NS Update , NS Get Snaps. It is a single pipeline with more than 2 NS snaps .

And letโ€™s say if we have got 3 records from the saved search , does the snap uses getList action per record basis or is it going to be a single getList for those 3 records ?