cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Router snap to evaluate stream using a pipeline parameter

philliperamos
Contributor

Hi all,

So I have a pipeline that does an SQL Execute using two pipeline params, TableName and Schema.
These values are passed via a triggered task API to the pipeline.

Now I want to use another SQL Execute, but to a different Database Server, so I made a new snap for that.

So, now I want to evaluate a new pipeline param called Country, to then decide which stream to use for the query.

I placed a Router snap and in the condition used the following: _Country == โ€œโ€ as the expression to evaluate the route. So country1 would go to output0 and then country2 would go to output1.

Thatโ€™s not working for me.

Is it that the Router snap can only handle documents and not criteria based on the pipeline param?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tlikarish
Employee
Employee

Should work fine to use pipeline parameters in the Router expressions. Would you mind sharing a snippet of how youโ€™ve got the pipeline parameter set up and how the Router is configured? Hereโ€™s an example that I used to test.

router-param-example_2019_09_19.slp (5.5 KB)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

tlikarish
Employee
Employee

Should work fine to use pipeline parameters in the Router expressions. Would you mind sharing a snippet of how youโ€™ve got the pipeline parameter set up and how the Router is configured? Hereโ€™s an example that I used to test.

router-param-example_2019_09_19.slp (5.5 KB)

Ok, so I checked mine against yours, and I wasnโ€™t using a snap before the Router. I guess that was bugging it out.
Got it working now, thanks @tlikarish