cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Setting up NetSuite OAuth 1.0 authentication

johnnys
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to mimic a REST Post request, done in Postman, to NetSuite. I am struggling to understand how to replicate the authentication method. In Postman, I can use the OAuth 1.0 authentication type and successfully send a request.

How would I setup the SnapLogic REST Post snap to mimic this? I tried to setup the REST OAuth 1.0 account, however, it is not setup the same way as Postmanโ€™s OAuth 1.0.

image .

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

ptaylor
Employee
Employee

Hi. Iโ€™m really not sure why our REST snapโ€™s OAuth 1 account type is requiring so many things that Postman does not (the Endpoints), and not allowing you to enter some of the values that you do need to specify (the Token and Token Secret). Iโ€™m unfamiliar with our REST OAuth1 account type. It seems to be designed for some other OAuth 1 use case for a different SAS.

Let me ask this: Are you trying to call a NetSuite RESTlet or are you trying to call NetSuiteโ€™s REST API? They are different. We have a new NetSuite RESTlet snap that can be used for RESTlets, but we donโ€™t yet have direct support in our NetSuite snap pack for calling the NetSuite REST API. Itโ€™s planned for a future release.

Quite honestly, I do not know which one my attempt falls under. Essentially, I am trying to send a suiteql query through https://xxxxx.suitetalk.api.netsuite.com/services/rest/query/v1/suiteql with an OAuth 1.0 authentication method. I apologize if this does not answer your questions.

Thanks,

Johnny

Is it possible to setup a call to discuss this and what my options are to accomplish this request?

Thanks,

Johnny

Hi Johnny. I think you may not have any great options for calling the SuiteQL API via REST with our snaps in the short term with the current limitations of our REST OAuth1 account type. I have learned that this account type was designed around a particular way of using OAuth1 for a particular SAS but itโ€™s clearly not going to work with NetSuite.

Until we address this (which is not on our roadmap currently as far as I know), your other options involve our NetSuite snap pack:

• Write a NetSuite RESTlet that does what you need. Thatโ€™s a script that you write and install in your NetSuite account. You would then use our new NetSuite Call RESTlet snap to call it from a pipeline, and it executes on the NetSuite server. The script can access a variety of NetSuite server-side APIs to access your data. Our snap handles the complexity of NetSuiteโ€™s OAuth1 authentication. This is a new snap that will be included in our May release, but is also available now as a patch for our Feb release. We have two customers using it.

• See if our other NetSuite snaps might do what you need. They use NetSuiteโ€™s SOAP-based SuiteTalk API. Many of our customers have found these sufficient for their needs.

We are planning on eventually providing more direct support in our NetSuite snap pack for NetSuiteโ€™s newer REST-based APIs (apart from RESTlets). These APIs are new in the past year, I believe.

Hope that helps.