cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Throw an error or warning

Tommy
New Contributor III

Hello, Is there a way to force a pipeline to finish in warning or error state in the dashboard? We handle all errors using an error pipeline. This makes it difficult to spot pipelines that have gone wrong in the dashboard. It would be great if there was a way of highlighting pipelines in the dashboard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@Tommy

I donโ€™t beleive that there is a way where you can manipulate with the pipeline statuses in Dashboard. When you have an error pipeline(as an error handler), the main pipeline always will have status as Completed. Actually, that is the purpose of the error handler, to helps in maintaining the normal execution flow and detecting the errors.

As @marjan.karafiloski said, you can implement a custom logic where you can send an email(as a warning or alert, along with the records that failed) to specified group of people, categorize the errors based on some criteria etc.

Regards,
Spiro Taleski

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

marjan_karafilo
Contributor

Hi @Tommy ,

Have you looked at the Exit snap?
In the description it says โ€œThis Snap forces a pipeline to stop with a failed status if it receives more records than the user-defined threshold.โ€

Let me know if this meets your needs.

Regards,
Marjan

Tommy
New Contributor III

Hi. Yes i have used this in some cases to force a quit. This is good for the error status. Is there a way to throw a warn status, if we donโ€™t want the whole pipeline to fail but some documents may have failed that need dealing with

Hi,

In that case, you can implement your own logic. For example, if error happens, change the error view in the snap to Route error data to error view, and then you can write the problematic documents to database, store in a file etc. and analyze them.

Pipeline has the following statuses: stopped, failed and completed. Not sure if you can set custom state.

Regards,
Marjan

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@Tommy

I donโ€™t beleive that there is a way where you can manipulate with the pipeline statuses in Dashboard. When you have an error pipeline(as an error handler), the main pipeline always will have status as Completed. Actually, that is the purpose of the error handler, to helps in maintaining the normal execution flow and detecting the errors.

As @marjan.karafiloski said, you can implement a custom logic where you can send an email(as a warning or alert, along with the records that failed) to specified group of people, categorize the errors based on some criteria etc.

Regards,
Spiro Taleski