cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultra pipeline response time

petar_rajchinos
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I’m testing the Ultra feature performance and I’m finding a results that are not so satisfying.

1. Using the new release 4.22 and even the old release 4.21 (including the patches):
    Simple pipeline containing only JSON Generator snap with the default Hello World output, Bearer token authentication, no query parameters, no additional URL paths in the request. I’m receiving minimum response time of 900 ms (it is sometimes going up to few seconds).
    I have tested the same pipeline on few organizations and using two REST clients (Postman, Advanced REST Client) but the results are same.

2. Using the older release version 4.20. Few month ago, (I believe it was March) I was testing the same pipeline configuration in Ultra mode and I was receiving minimum response time of 400 ms.

I don’t believe that response time of 900 ms is acceptable for such a simple process.

Are there any tips and tricks that should be applied on the nodes/snaplex to improve the performance of the pipelines running in Ultra?
SnapLogic development team, Is this something that is due to some wrong configurations/setup on my environments or there is a change between the releases that is making an impact on the Ultra performance ?

7 REPLIES 7

On your feedmaster node, what do the averages look like for the task? (Dashboard, FeedMaster Node->Additional Details)
I’d suggest you make a few requests, as with any process if it gets idle for any length of time, it gets swapped out. So the first invocation may be slow, but the subsequent requests should be fast(er). If that too is in the ms range, then the loadbalancer might need to checked by the SnapLogic Infrastructure Management team. (as it is a SnapLogic managed resource)

Hi @cstewart,

Thank you for your response. Here is what I found in the Additional details section of the feed master node.

The below image is taken from the Dashboard → Task, for the appropriate ultra task.

Yes, the first execution is always bit slower which is understandable and acceptable. The other executions are faster then the first one, but a lot slower than what we expect for such a simple pipeline. Please let me know if this should be checked by the Infrastructure team and how can I get in contact from the Infrastructure team.

cstewart
Former Employee

Petar
Bearing in mind the roundtrip from your source (postman locally on your laptop?) to a Snaplex running in the US-West region, if you are seeing sub-second response, I’m not sure I see an issue. What kind of response do you see if you run a pipeline locally on the same Snaplex making a REST GET to your Ultra task?
If there is an issue with the load-balancer, then you should contact your SnapLogic support team.