cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Connecting Windows based SFTP servers using SnapLogic

ragera4
New Contributor II

Hello,

Weโ€™re trying to connect with Windows-based SFTP server in order to read data files, but getting the error as -

โ€œerrorโ€: โ€œUnable to read from sftp://sftp server//readme.txtโ€
โ€œreasonโ€: โ€œCannot open input stream for sftp://sftp server/readme.txtโ€
โ€œresolutionโ€: โ€œCheck for URL syntax and file access permissionโ€

This is a very critical time of our program and any help or lead would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

del
Contributor III

Iโ€™ve found that sometimes FTP connections donโ€™t interpret the file paths the same when logging on with an FTP UI client vs. when logging on with a service application like SnapLogic. The UI client might place you into the logged-in accountโ€™s home directory where /readme.txt might work while the application might require a full start-from-root path. So you might look at modifying the path to sftp://server name/repository path/login name/readme.txt or something similar.

Joy
New Contributor II

Have you found a way to search the accountโ€™s home directory without hard coding that portion of the path?

Joy,

One way you can you this on windows is to pretend that the directory in the home directory is the ROOT of what you want, and prefix it with:

%LOCALAPPDATA%....

SO, if you were a user with a home directory of \users\joy and wanted to save things in JUNK, just use:

%LOCALAPPDATA%....\JUNK

If HENRY had a directory \users\HENRY, the directory would be \users\HENRY\JUNK. Just realize that this is based on the user that actually STARTED the process.

There are supposedly simpler ways, but this was the first one I found that worked for ME.

Joy
New Contributor II

Thanks for that info Stephen. I am using a Linux environment so I cannot port that solution directly. Similar options available in Linux didnโ€™t worked for me due to the sftp and server prefix needed on the Dir/File snaps (the snaps wonโ€™t accept the user info as part of the search URL).

Supratim
Contributor III

@ragera4

Hi- Please check same configuration details with WinScp, if you able to connect via Winscp go to your folder and right click then copy path. You should use same path on snaplogic.
If from winscp also you are not able to connect then you might need to white list snap cloud/groundplex.