cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Could not copy&paste pipeline snaps to another pipeline

bobyin
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

Do you hit the same problem as described in the subject?

It worked before, but now I kept getting this error message, โ€œSnap is not compatible with this pipelineโ€

thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

Agreed, a nested pipeline is very delicate in its usage. However, there are a few cases where I have carefully modified the nested pipeline (careful not to impact input and output snaps) that does not require a reintroduction to all the parent pipelines. I learned the delicacy issue the hard way as we have a specific notification pipeline we nest multiple times in over 100 other pipelines (one erroneous modification to the notification pipeline, without a backup, I canโ€™t back out and am frantically busy the whole day reintroducing into the other pipelines!). I obviously need to be careful in my modification/deployment process, or better yet, develop a new snap for this when I get the time.

In any case, aside from the enhancement request, more verbose error notification for the current behavior would be helpful (so I donโ€™t have to keep resolving the issue for each of our developers from time-to-time).

Thanks,
- Del

You should use the Pipeline Execute and strive to replace the nested pipeline snap. You would never have to worry about it.

I am interested to learn why you went that route.

Agreed on your note of enhancement.

The reason we went that route was because re-usable components (ie. nested pipelines which was originally called sub-pipelines) was a bullet point in the SnapLogic sales pitch 3.5 years ago ๐Ÿ™‚. Neither the Task Execute nor the Pipeline Execute were available when we were developing our first pipelines, and we never adapted to the new features since the previous became our standard and easy to use. Itโ€™s quicker/easier to drag-and-drop a highly-reused nested pipeline with pre-filled parameters, and fill in the few variable parameters, rather than wait for the Pipeline Execute to pull the suggest options, select one of the available pipeline choices, and then specify and fill in all the required parameters.

Thanks, but it did work before. Anyway, as I known how to fix this problem, life is much easier ๐Ÿ™‚

bobyin
New Contributor

Yes, I did as you said then I can copy/past snaps(exclude nested pipeline). Itโ€™s really different from before, I could copy/paste everything.

Thanks a lot!