cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Date Issue in Pipeline Parameter

amit_saroha
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have a requirement to pass date in YYYY-MM-DD format and I am using the expression โ€œDate.now().toLocaleDateString()โ€ but I have the below issue.

When I use it in pipeline parameter โ€œEffective_Dateโ€ then use _Effective_Date in the pipeline it fails but when I use it directly it works. When I pass something hardcoded in the pipeline parameter it also works e.g. 2022-01-01

Could you suggest what is happening here and what is needed to get it fixed?

Below is not working

Below is working

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When you need to run the pipeline with earlier dates, is it going to be a manual configuration and run?

You can simply configure the BatchParameterD1 like this:

_Effective_Date == "" ? Date.now().toLocaleDateString() : _Effective_Date

That way, if the parameter is not empty, it will be taken into consideration, if it is, than the current date will be generated.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Tell us more on the use case. You have situation where sometimes the date should be current timestamp and sometimes just a date?

If yes, what is the condition?

You can pass an enhanced expression like :
CONDITION ? Date.now() : '2022-11-20'

and wrap this in eval() in the snap itself.

Hello @bojanvelevski,

Sometimes we may have to run the pipeline with old dates due to any issue in our server, network or third-party outages hence I need to pass a date like 2022-11-20, but generally it will be todayโ€™s date so I have to use the expression. We donโ€™t care about timestamp only the date in format YYYY-MM-DD.

Also, please help me little more on what you explained in above reply. I am using it as below as of now -

When you need to run the pipeline with earlier dates, is it going to be a manual configuration and run?

You can simply configure the BatchParameterD1 like this:

_Effective_Date == "" ? Date.now().toLocaleDateString() : _Effective_Date

That way, if the parameter is not empty, it will be taken into consideration, if it is, than the current date will be generated.

amit_saroha
New Contributor III

Hi @bojanvelevski, yes, it will be a manual run. I tried the expression you have suggested but it didnโ€™t work. Could you suggest what is wrong what I have done.