cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Deleting a Value in Workday

wcl3y2
New Contributor III

I have been trying to delete a field on an object in Workday and havenโ€™t found a way. If Iโ€™m just writing a SOAP request, I can pass in an empty tag like โ€œ< emptytag/>โ€ to delete a value. With SnapLogic, Iโ€™m not sure how to achieve that. I have tried setting the value to null, setting it to an empty string, and not passing it in at all. No luck. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

del
Contributor III

I have run into cases with the Workday web services where deleting a field must contain a descriptor value in the tag in order to successfully perform the delete. I have a use case for this, but Iโ€™m using the SOAP snap in this particular case instead of the Workday Write snap.

If youโ€™re using Workday Write, I recommend populating the field Descriptor attribute with any non-empty string value. In my SOAP experience, the non-empty text that you use doesnโ€™t matter. You should leave the fields ID type and value out of the mapper.

wcl3y2
New Contributor III

Unfortunately, this did not work using the Workday Write snap. I think part of the issue is that Iโ€™m trying to delete a date, and I think the descriptor field only applies to objects.

del
Contributor III

Well, thatโ€™s unfortunate. My only other โ€œguessโ€ would be to use the value โ€œ{empty}โ€ (with curly braces) for the date field value. This is a method used in Workday EIB templates to delete data. But that may just be something the EIB loader can interpret.

If that doesnโ€™t work, my final suggestion would be to use the SOAP snap for this particular case. For our Workday integrations, we use a combination of SOAP, REST, and/or Workday Snaps - depending on the benefit either brings us for each case.