cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discard all documents in pipeline

dwhansen-cbg
Contributor

At the very end of a pipeline I would like to update a single row in a logging table. I’m going to do that in an Execute Task snap, but the problem I’m having is that it wants to run the child snap 20k times instead of simply running a single update statement. Is it possible to clear all documents from a flow or to go from 20k documents to a single document in a single snap?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cjhoward18
Employee
Employee

@dwhansen-cbg

Just added in this February release is the ‘Gate’ snap, part of the flow snap pack. This snap will wait for all upstream snaps to finish, meanwhile it will collect all the input docs into a single document, and will eventually send the single document downstream once all upstream snaps have finished.

Here is a link to the documentation for this new snap:
https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/918487380/Gate

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

If you go into the Dashboard, and look into the Health Tab you will see Snaplex Health. If you click on the Snaplex you are using you will see the available nodes. Check to make sure all nodes are on version: ‘4.20 GA’ and that there are no node alerts saying that The current Snaplex version is deprecated. They should have green checkmarks and not orange exclamation points

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

And if your company has more than one Snaplex, they all need to be updated.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

dwhansen-cbg
Contributor

OK. My snaplex is running 4.19. I don’t see an “Upgrade Now” option. Do I just simply restart the Snaplex or node? I searched the documentation and I’m not seeing anything in there about this.

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

This is done in Manager.
Find the Snaplex in the project folder, click on the name, then on the Update tab, select the version.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

dwhansen-cbg
Contributor

I just tried the Gate snap and it’s exactly what I needed! Thanks for your help!