cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dynamic DB Account Use Cases

kmiesse
Contributor

What are the use cases of dynamic database accounts if we canโ€™t use pipeline parameters or fields in the input document to specify the host name, port number, database name, user name or password?

14 REPLIES 14

A suggestion would be to make the documentation clarify that pipeline parameters but not document fields can be used for the expressions on dynamic accounts since the pipeline parameters do not appear in the expression drop-downs.

shodge
Former Employee

Thanks, thatโ€™s a good suggestion, will pass it along to the docs team.

Shayne

I have few questions:

1. In the snapLogic create snap when i am choosing Account it does not ask any of the properties that is mentioned in the conversation. So if i want to create an Account which will be connect to different SQL database based on parameter how to create that?
  2. If you are creating the dynamic account from Manager then what is the syntax to refer to a pipeline parameters?

My use case is, i want to create account dynamically taking inputs from a file and then use the account created in the first pipeline to fetch data from another pipeline.

kmiesse
Contributor

Iโ€™m sorry, I donโ€™t create the dynamic account programmatically. But here is an example of how I set it up with the dynamic Hostname and Database name:

rakesh_2004
New Contributor

Thanks for the details. Did you pass the parameters from pipeline parameters? I have cretaed a parent pipeline where i have read the parameters from a file and then passing them to child pipeline where i have the MySQL execute snap. In the account tab of My SQL execute i want to create a connection dynamically by using the parameters coming from parent pipeline which are coming from the file.