cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dynamic DB Account Use Cases

kmiesse
Contributor

What are the use cases of dynamic database accounts if we canโ€™t use pipeline parameters or fields in the input document to specify the host name, port number, database name, user name or password?

14 REPLIES 14

I tried it access pipeline parameters where i have host name , port name , db name, user and password but the parameters are not available when i am trying to create the Dynamic connection. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Make sure you name the pipeline parameters without the leading underscore but when you refer to them in the child pipeline or account settings use the leading underscore.
Make sure you can do this without the parent/child to eliminate any issues passing from parent to child. Just try it with one pipeline containing the snap set to the dynamic account.

I just have the MySQL snap set to your-account-name dynamic MySQL account and the pipeline that has the MySQL snap has the pipeline parameters YourHostName and YourDBName. I also do pass these parameters from a parent pipeline to a child pipeline where the child contains the MySQL snap with the dynamic SQL account.

CKARKHANIS
New Contributor

Hi,
I am new to SnapLogic and thus have a very basic question. This topic gives the solution in bits and pieces but I am looking for a little more detail. Basically I am building a set of ~40 pipelines to load tables. The connection I need on the source side (Oracle) needs to be dynamic in that I should be able to use the same set of 40 pipelines in test and prod environments. Iโ€™d like to maintain a file (JSON?) where I define the db connection details for test and prod environments. How can I go about setting this up? All help is appreciated!

Hi @CKARKHANIS,

One approach would be to create an expression library, and then include that expr. lib. in the pipelines where youโ€™d want to use it. In the expr. lib. youโ€™d need to define, say, the name and location of the account for the Oracle Snaps. Then you can use that in the Account reference property of the Snaps.

The setting up and usage of expression libraries is covered here.

BR,
Dimitri