cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

File writer in Sequence Snap

Harsha3
New Contributor III

Hi Good Day,

I was trying to use sequence snap in child pipeline so to split the days sequentially which is passed from parent pipeline . To make it understandable , we have a field called Total_Days and start_date from the parent pipeline . For example, if the start_date is 28/01/2021 and Total_Days is 3 , I need an output of 28/01/2021 , 29/01/2021 , 29/01/2021 . This particular logic I obtained using sequence snap in the child . But my concern here is I was not able to write the result in a file as only the last entries are captured . Is there any way to capture the complete entries obtained from sequence snap in a file writer
Parent Snap details:

image ----Parent main flow

image -----Entries in Mapper 4

image ----Pipeline execute entries

Child Snap Details:

image ----Child Pipeline

Thanks,
Harshavardhana

10 REPLIES 10

Harsha3
New Contributor III

Hi ptaylor,

I would like to find a way of splitting the value unit and then add the start date accordingly . I will put it simple we have two fields say units and start date in the mapper . We have many values for the units starting from 1 to n and start date with standard value like yyyy-mm-dd . My expectation is we need to split the start date based on the value units . Let me give an example

Say we have unit 2 and start date as 2020-12-28 and I need two entries like 2020-12-28 and 2020-12-29 . This holds for all unit values . So here I am adding the day of the date each by one until we reach the value unit-1 ( add day of start date with unit starting 0 till unit-1)

I did this before using the sequence snap please suggest is there any other effective ways to achieve this so that I can write in a file completely at once.

Thanks

Try this pipeline:

Community9347_2021_01_29.slp (6.2 KB)

It looks like this:

Harsha3
New Contributor III

Hi Ptaylor,

Please find my Parent and Child pipeline and source file known as Excel Date

Pipelines:

Generator.Holiday files_2021_01_30 (1).slp (11.3 KB) Parent Date Pipeline_2021_01_30.slp (7.3 KB)

Source File:Date Generator.xlsx (18.7 KB)

My Expected Output:

My Obtained Output:

May be I am using file overwrite here may be a concern . If we store the same in a oracle table through insert method we could capture all of them . But I need a file writer to this job.

Thanks

Harsha3
New Contributor III

Exactly I was using the same thing before. Thanks for your patience though . Now last assume you are getting multiple values and start date from parent pipeline . This time it becomes impossible to write all the values to the file writer . I shall share the pipeline prent and child I developed in a short while.

ptaylor
Employee
Employee

The trick is moving the Excel Formatter and File Writer from the child pipeline to the parent pipeline so that they can operate on the cumulative output of the child executions:

Here are the pipelines:
Parent Date Pipeline_2021_02_01.slp (9.6 KB)
Holiday files_2021_02_01.slp (4.1 KB)

Note, this would be simpler (no child pipeline necessary) if the Sequence snap supported setting the โ€œNumber of documentsโ€ using an expression evaluated against each input document, but unfortunately it doesnโ€™t work that way.