cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate a unique id in snaplogic

Sowmya_Rayavara
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

Can you please let me know how to generate a unique ld like the below one in snaplogic.

1553020781234-4901709987102371234-03202019DFF456F123

Thanks in Advance!

22 REPLIES 22

vincenr
New Contributor III

I finally got it working… Might not be the simplest solution, but I found a forum where someone was trying to do manipulations on a column after the data was returned by the REST POST. So here’s what I did, and it works.

The ‘Map columns’ is where I manipulate the one column to make it a UUID. The Group By was indicated by the forum I read as needed to “put it back together”, but then I had to add a second splitter after that…

koryknick
Employee
Employee

@vincenr - I’m very glad you found your solution.

Unless you are doing something I’m not thinking of with the Group By N and JSON Splitter, that seems unnecessary. Please take a close look at the data preview after your Map columns compared to the output of JSON Splitter1 - my guess is that those are identical, meaning those 2 snaps could be removed.

vincenr
New Contributor III

I already figured it out. It was a caching issue. I had tried without the Group By N and extra splitter but it wasn’t working. Later, I went back and tried removing them and then it started working.