cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get data from NetSuite GET/Search Snap by passing specific input field

Vikas2022
New Contributor II

Hello,

As per the Snaplogic documentation, it seems for the NetSuite GET SNAP along with the object name another parameter which we can pass as an input view of the Snap using an upstream Mapper is the internalId ($record.internalId) of the object itself. 

However, In my use case, I want to retrieve data for a NetSuite object by passing the object name and some other field ($record.entity.internalId) of the same object as input parameters.

But when I try to do that pipeline fails (INVALID_KEY_OR_REF) as the Target schema in the Mapper only supports specific fields (externalId, internalId, name, type)

Below is the screenshot of my pipeline and Mapper properties.

Vikas2022_0-1703842132915.png

I also tried with NetSuite Search SNAP but here I am not sure what exact expression I can pass in input Mapper for NetSuite search to only get the specific record, because if I try  Expression as {} and Target as $searchRecord then it returns almost everything, however, I only want specific record.

So can someone please help with how I can get the above scenario to work in Snaplogic? 

Please note we are using NetSuite Token Account to authenticate with NetSuite within Snaplogic. I have also already confirmed with our NetSuite Admin, and as per them, the account which is used by Snaplogic to authenticate with NetSuite has the necessary permissions granted.

Thanks!

cc: @ptaylor @Supratim @SpiroTaleski 

6 REPLIES 6

@Vikas2022 

Then try with NetSuite Search Snap . This snap allows querying by various fields(that you will see in the target schema), depending on the object. 

@SpiroTaleski As I had mentioned in my first post I tried with NetSuite Search SNAP but here I am not sure what exact expression I can pass in input Mapper for NetSuite search to only get the specific record, because if I try  Expression as {} and Target path as $searchRecord then it returns almost everything, however, I only want specific record & fields.

So I tried the below mapping, but then I got the error: INVALID_SEARCH_OPERATOR, platformCore:message=You need to provide a valid search field operator

Vikas2022_0-1704443995949.png

Vikas2022_1-1704444222907.png