cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to handle CSV file with header only

amit_saroha
New Contributor III

Hi,
I have CSV files coming through some third parties and sometimes it comes to empty i.e. only with headers and no data. Can you suggest how I can handle such files?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That is because your file contains an extension .csv but you saved it as .txt

So after saving it as csv it goes to the no data output

Let me know if it works

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Why should it create an issue because then you only have the files with filed data to insert right ?
I canโ€™t follow what your saying. You mean Succes after the last oracle insert? Or what do you mean?

Thank you @JensDeveloper. I think option 2 might work for me. Could you suggest how to do it, please?

Hi @amit.saroha ,

Below is the attachement of the pipeline. Itโ€™s a file reader with csv parser and router. Only use the csv parser and router.

Explanation CSV parer:
uncheck the checkbox โ€˜ignore empty streamโ€™ - check containts headers.

Router explanation.
The first expression will return true if the input data is not empty ( it will output the input data to the first output view ), and the second expression will simply return true and will output the data on the second output view. With the First match option checked, only the first expression that returns true will be evaluated to the output even if there are more expressions that return true.

CsvFile_Validation_V1.0_2022_07_07.slp (5.1 KB)

Regards

Jens

EBS_PERSONINFO_202207060218.csv.txt (445 Bytes)

I tested with the uploaded file but it didnโ€™t return anything in any of router output.

That is because your file contains an extension .csv but you saved it as .txt

So after saving it as csv it goes to the no data output

Let me know if it works