cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify matching values to create sequence numbers?

acesario
Contributor II

Looking for a function to help add sequence numbers to a json array. End goal is to apply a sequence to matching values, starting with 01, subsequent values get a sequence of 02…03… 04 etc. I could do this in a mapper, or in apache velocity as part of a soap execute if possible to loop through, and apply therein.

What I have now:
[
{
“Records”: [
{
“Award”: [
“Award_A”,
“Award_C”,
“Award_A”,
“Award_B”,
“Award_C”
]
}
]
}
]

Desired output:
[
{
“Records”: [
{
“Award”: [
“Award_A”,
“Award_C”,
“Award_A”,
“Award_B”,
“Award_C”
],
“Sequence”: [
“01”,
“01”,
“02”,
“01”,
“02”
]
}
]
}
]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

j_angelevski
Contributor III

@acesario , you can also just add [0] after @viktor_n’s expression.

$Records.map(record => record.Award.map((x, index) => record.Award.slice(0, index + 1).filter(y => y == x).length))[0]

And if you really need the “0” you can try and add .map(val => "0" + val)

So full expression is: $Records.map(record => record.Award.map((x, index) => record.Award.slice(0, index + 1).filter(y => y == x).length).map(val => "0" + val))[0]

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

If I understand correctly, this is the right output format?

If that so, you can try the following expression:

$Records.map(record => {“Award”: record.Award, “Sequence”: record.Award.map((x, index) => (record.Award.slice(0, index + 1).filter(y => y == x).length.toString()).length == 1 ? (“0” + record.Award.slice(0, index + 1).filter(y => y == x).length.toString()) : (record.Award.slice(0, index + 1).filter(y => y == x).length.toString()))})

It’s a bit complex, but only because of it’s functionality to check the sequence number. If it’s one digit number, it will add “0” in front of it, if not, it will show the actual number.

I surely hope that this will help,
BR,
Bojan