cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to set the execution user

kmiesse
Contributor

I am deploying projects to QA and developer stacks so that they can have their own copies of projects for testing and developing. Iโ€™m using the SnapLogic metadata snaps to delete and create pipelines and tasks. I need the executions of these pipelines to show up under the quality analystโ€™s or developerโ€™s user email address so that they can view and control their executions in Dashboard under the My Executions โ€œShow only:โ€ filter. I have been changing every email address in the input document for creating tasks and pipelines (owner, updated_by, create_user_id, etc.) with these metadata snaps and I have changed the owner in the projectโ€™s permission. But with every attempt the Username in Dashboard is still my email address and not the email address of the user the tasks or pipelines were created with or the owner of the project. How can these tasks, pipelines or projects be configured so that their executions appear under a specific user when that user is viewing My Executions in Dashboard?

10 REPLIES 10

akidave
Employee
Employee

For triggered tasks, the username field will show the user who created the task, the pipeline actually runs as the task owner. A change to show the task invoker username was done a few releases back. It is displayed as a new property called Remote User in the pipeline runtime info dialog, under the Extra Details tab. If the task was invoked with basic auth, this property will show the invoker username. If the task was invoked with some other authentication, like bearer token, this property will not show up, since we do not have the invoker details in that case.