cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues using Diff Snap

dmcnichol
New Contributor II

Hi,

I’m new to snap logic, I have two data sources (Oracle, SQL) the new is Oracle and existing is SQL.

The pipeline’s first run, runs as expected, but the second, where I would expect all data to be in the “unmodified” output data preview is not working as expected. I’m trying to find where my settings are incorrect.

Entire Pipeline:

Diff:

I believe my issue is similar to this

Any help is appreciated thank you,

8 REPLIES 8

We’ll need more info than this to help diagnose the issue. Please insert a Mapper in front of each input to the Diff and provide a screenshot of the input data in each Mapper so we can see what it shows for the data and the data types.

dmcnichol
New Contributor II

Sure thing, thanks again.

I believe it maybe a datatype issue with ORDER_TOTAL and ORDER_SUBTOTAL

I’m able to get it to work properly with one record.

Oracle Mapper:

SQL Mapper:

Pipeline Overview:

Data Before Mapping Oracle Data:

Data After Mapping Oracle Data:

Data Before Mapping SQL data:

Data After Mapping SQL data:

Hope this helps, if you need anything else let me know

Try disabling Pass through on the Mappers and instead, map each field individually so that the output from each Mapper is in a consistent order and has consistent types. I would suggest starting with just the three fields you’re mapping directly now, see how the Diff behaves, and if it behaves as expected, map another field. Repeat for each field until you’ve got them all working or until you find a problematic field that makes the Diff behave in an unexpected way. Perhaps disable the snaps after the Diff so that you’re not changing any data until the Diff behaves as expected.

dmcnichol
New Contributor II

I think I have it halfway solved. it appears the Oracle Sort Snap was not working as expected.

In order to resolve I hard coded an “ORDER BY” in the Oracle Select statement, but after raising the “Preview Document Count” to 2000 the validation and full run worked properly.

Guess it came back to new user mistake.

Thank you both for taking the time to help me through this.

I’m sure i’ll be back soon 🙂