cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Load .xlxb workbook with multiple sheets to oracle table. Load only one or specific sheet data only

Siva_Venna
Contributor

I have .xlsx file on remote server. My requirement is to load the file content into an oracle table.
Any help is appreciable, Thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14

You should be able to read data from the source .xlsx file by connecting the Excel Parser snap to the File Reader Snap.

If you are unable to do this, please post a screenshot of the error message that you see.

Data format in one of the sheet - โ€œYearlyโ€
sheet

I am trying to read data from row #13(actual data with header) by setting sheet index =2 and sheet name - Yearly(I am aware sheet index is overwritten when sheet name is specified), tried either ways I am getting below error
sheet_error

Iโ€™ve created a sample pipeline that successfully reads a small dataset. Formatting of the source file is inline with your setup. Can you review the xlsx file and pipeline (attached) and let me know if that matches with what you have?

Excel-Test_2019_02_20.slp (4.3 KB)
Test-Excel-File.xlsx (29.9 KB)

The pipeline works fine to read xlsx file. But if you look at the file type I am mentioning it is xlsb(Microsoft Excel Binary Worksheet) so Excel Parser is throwing error as it is getting binary document.
parse_error

The Snap is only compatible with xlsx or xls which represents data as XML internally. However, the Snap appears to be incompatible with parsing a file that is in xlsb format. Can you please reach out to our Support channel (support@snaplogic.com) to track this as an enhancement request for the Excel Parser Snap?