cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Loading records of object having two lookup fields on the same object(Contact)

prakarshjain510
New Contributor II

There is one object relationship. The object has two lookup relationship both on the Contact.
We are trying to load relationship record data and relate that record with both the contacts. We have external ids field created on Contacts which are being used to load the data. But they are not getting loaded.

When we pass salesforce id directly then the record gets created.

Relationship(Child)->Contact1(Parent), Contact2(Parent)

In the upsert snap, we are using contact1 field as the related object. And while mapping we are passing salesforce id of Contact2 field, but the record is not getting created.

If anyone has implemented similar kind of functionality please let me know the steps.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

@prakarshjain510: Are you getting any error when the pipeline gets executed or does it run completely and after validating Salesforce, you observed that the records were not ingested?

I would like to know what is your validation step and does your setup in Salesforce accept the external ID? If need arises, we can hop on a quick call to understand your use case better.
Thanks!

prakarshjain510
New Contributor II

There was no error shown in the pipelines. In the mapper snap, I can see the id is generated for the relationship object.

Pipeline created:

In the Salesforce Created output, this is what I am getting:

Yes, the Salesforce accepts External Id field. While inserting Contact, I am doing upsert based on External Id, and it is working fine.

I had created a similar pipeline, where a junction object was getting upserted. The difference was, the junction object was child to Account and Contact.

And in this case, the relationship object is child to two Contact lookup fields.

It would be really helpful if we can jump on a call to discuss this. Appreciate all the help. Thanks!

One more thing to add, the Salesforce Poller after Relationship Create is not giving any output. I added a Join snap after that just to check if I am getting any value in the left path of join, but I am not getting anything.

Hi @prakarshjain510,

Check if your last snap is set to Validate & Execute. That will result in the scenario above.