cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need to know email address validation logic

vaidyarm
Contributor

Hi,

I need to setup a logic to filter out only valid email address, might use that logic in filters, conditional or mappers. logic should able decide which email address valid.

For ex : test@test687 is invalid and test@test687.com or test@test687.edu etc are valid

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Here is the input:

And the result:

So I gave you the logic for matching a correct format of an email. I you want to stop the pipeline, or throw an error, than you have to make some adjustments.

For example:

$email.match(/[1]+@([\w-]+.)+[\w-]{2,4}$/g) == null ? โ€œfailโ€ : โ€œpassโ€ if you want to use expressions. Other way I can think of is a Data Validator. Select Pattern as a Constraint and enter the regex into Constraint value.

1. \w-. โ†ฉ๏ธŽ

I tried it via the below test pipeline but it does not work, not sure what I am doing wrong

Email Validator_2021_05_20.slp (6.5 KB)

1. \w-. โ†ฉ๏ธŽ

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

The data format you are streaming is wrong. The data in this pipeline is a re-formated sample from your data.

EmailValidation.slp (3.3 KB)

That work quite great!! thanks a lot

would there be anything required to filter out below types of idโ€™s also ?
complex domains such as country identified like @in.company.com

Update the regex with this one, this is much more precise. There are edge cases which the previous regex can pass, this one wonโ€™t. About the complex domains, it would take much more regex tweaking, because after all , these domains are regular, correct, only more complex than the others.

Email Validator2_2021_05_21.slp (3.5 KB)