cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OAuth2 issues authorizing to Box

jposey
New Contributor II

I am using REST snaps to connect to and perform functionality in Box that are not available via Box Snaps. I am having trouble establishing my OAuth2 account. I have my ‘application’ setup in Box to connect to and have the client ID and secret all setup as well as the redirect URI to go to https://elastic.snaplogic.com/api/1/rest/admin/oauth2callback/rest.

When I try to authorize in the account creation in SnapLogic, I get prompted as expected by Box but am then redirected to a SnapLogic error after logging in. The error details state:

“Unable to decrypt property ‘$.settings.client_id’ with key: account-autogen”
“400 Bad Request”

Any ideas?

15 REPLIES 15

@andrew_holbrook
I need to use box service account, could you help me to create JWT account authentication.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

jposey
New Contributor II

For those that have used SnapLogic Box snaps, I have a question about the configuration in Box necessary to be able to create a “Box Account” through SnapLogic. The screens below show that I am choosing to create a “box.com” account in SnapLogic. When entering info and clicking “authorize” I get the error on the second screen.

Capture20171016

WRT to “Disabled by Administrator”, what’s likely happened is your Box administrator at your enterprise has switched to a whitelisted-only form of application permissioning. You’ll need to get the client id of the SnapLogic app added by your admin.

Thanks for the feedback. Where do I obtain the client ID of SnapLogic?

@andrew_holbrook

We need to write files to box location via a box service account and are using the same method mentioned in this thread(i.e. via REST API) and are facing the “Disabled by Administrator” error.

can you please let us know about the client ID of snaplogic app and where can we find it.