cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order of Execution Not Right

NAl
Contributor

Hello,

A pipleine I’m working on seems to attempt to execute the Upsert Content (2) snap before the Create Deal/Job snap is executed. Since the Content record is a child of the Deal/Job, the absence of the Deal/Job Id is causing the Upsert Content (2) to fail.

I’ve tried to route the documents down the one branch but the pipeline fails because Salesforce (the endpoint), doesn’t recognise the additional variables in the Map Deal/Job snap if the Pass Through option is selected.

I’m not sure how to best approach this.
Please note my understanding of SnapLogic is beginner level and I’m not a developer by trade.

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 11.06.58

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @koryknick, apologies for the delayed response I was working on project that went live.

Have added the Sort snap just before the Upsert but this issues seems to continue.

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

Merge is not joining the streams based on a field, so my theory is that it’s mixing up the documents from the lower and upper inputs. Try sorting out just before the Join (Merge), but make sure you sort on the same field.

koryknick
Employee
Employee

@NAl - I just noticed that you are looking at a pipeline validation - it appears that you perhaps have the “Snap Execution” mode set to “Execute Only” meaning that it wouldn’t allow those documents to actually update the endpoint unless you actually execute the pipeline. If that is the case, you are correct that the Upsert would be failing due to those missing references.

Hi @koryknick sorry that’s not it, it’s set to Validate & Execute and am testing with Executing the pipeline.

I’ve actually taken @bojanvelevski’s comments onboard and it seems to be working okay for now but more tests need to be run before signing off.

This all very useful information so appreciate all of your inputs so far!