cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$original values thru Snowflake Bulk Load

arvindnsn
Contributor

Below is the snaplogic process to load data from Redshift to Snowflake. The Map execution mapper has a output variable named "$last_execution_datetime". The data is sourced from Redshift Select Snap and Snowflake Bulk load is used to load the data. The output of the Snowflake Bulk Load snap does not bring the $original values that would include the "$last_execution_datetime" from the mapper as shown in the below pictures.

Is there a way to get the $original values from the output of the Snowflake Bulk Load 

arvindnsn_0-1704919876818.png

arvindnsn_3-1704920179790.png

arvindnsn_4-1704920252374.png

As the above picture shows, there is no $original being carried from the previous mapper even though I have "Pass through" checked.

Is there a way to achieve the above mentioned use case.

Thanks

Aravind N

5 REPLIES 5

Imran
New Contributor

@arvindnsn - I did face the similar issue, but I got it resolved using copy snap, where you can get all the $original documents and pass it to required snap.

@Imran , If i used the COPY Snap and if the bulk load fails, I don't want the copy output to move forward. If the Bulk Load failed, I don't want the $Original values in its output. The only time i need the $Original values are if the Bulk load is successful.

AleksandarAngel
Contributor III

Hello @arvindnsn,

My assumption here is that you want to pass the $last_execution_datetime from the first Mapper.

To achieve that you can use a Copy Snap and a Join Snap that will wait for the Bulk Load to finish and then you can use the $last_execution_datetime field.

Please refer to the photo below:

AleksandarAngel_0-1706521576812.png

and the Join Snap configuration:

AleksandarAngel_1-1706521604591.png

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards,

Aleksandar.

@AleksandarAngel In the solution, you provided above, If the Bulk Load failed, I don't want the JOIN-WAIT snap to bring the $Original values in its output. The only time i need the $Original values are if the Bulk load is successful.