cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "Pipeline execute" is changing data types?

jfpelletier
Contributor

Hello all,

I'm passing a few values to a child pipeline using "Pipeline execute", and I realized that my lists passed as parameters were converted into strings.

I did a quick test and made the "Pipeline execute" snap calling the child pipeline, and that child pipeline as only a mapper that returns the same vales received as parameter:

jfpelletier_1-1728591074662.png

What I saw in the output of the "Pipeline execute" that returned the values of the child pipeline as well as the original values, is that my lists were converted to strings:

jfpelletier_2-1728591270980.png

Is there a way to avoid or properly deal with this situation?

Thanks all in advance!

JF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ddellsperger

Pipeline parameters are always strings only in format, if you need to pass structured data into the pipeline, you will either need to use JSON.stringify and JSON.parse (in the pipeline) to handle that in pipeline parameters, or include the structured data in the document being sent to the pipeline rather than as a pipeline parameter.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ddellsperger

Pipeline parameters are always strings only in format, if you need to pass structured data into the pipeline, you will either need to use JSON.stringify and JSON.parse (in the pipeline) to handle that in pipeline parameters, or include the structured data in the document being sent to the pipeline rather than as a pipeline parameter.

Hello @ddellsperger,

Thanks for your reply, that's exactly what I needed to do. I keep the values as pipeline parameters, and I use the JSON.stringify and JSON.parse as you suggested. It works exactly as expected. 🙂

Kind regards,

JF