Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Problem Accessing file(SFTP) using File Reader Snap

asepuri
New Contributor II

Hi All,

Am trying to create two pipelines with below information,

1. Loading a csv file from sftp onto sql server - Created a pipeline containing below objects and problem is validation takes forever. Is this the correct snap or should I use โ€˜CSV Read/Writeโ€™ snap for it or suspect something is wrong with account settings?

SFTP Account created as Basic Auth,

User Name: ftpuser@52.86.106.54:22

File location path(sftp) which I verified is working when trying to access from browser,
d0500ae6268156bf6b20c608d79527d5e52b5c11.png

1. Loading a csv file from google drive onto sql server.

Tried using google spreadsheet reader snap and could only see excel files but not csv. Is this the correct snap or should I use REST snap pack for it.

Thanks in advance!

-Arun

7 REPLIES 7

asepuri
New Contributor II

That worked but it takes me back to validation which runs forever,

dc3f655cb096dc05be26a1ee3c0fb4d39389587d.png

Should I email customer support(support@snaplogic.com) to check for any performance issues.

Yes, that would be the correct action to take.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

cj_ruggles
New Contributor III

Hi - you need to remove the โ€œCSV Formatterโ€ Snap - the โ€œCSV Parserโ€ Snap converts the document stream to JSON, and the โ€œSQL Server - insertโ€ Snap expects JSON as an input. You can see that the โ€œCSV Parserโ€ Snapโ€™s output is a diamond (binary), which wonโ€™t connect up to the โ€œSQL Server - insertโ€'s circle (JSON).

If the CSV is in the exact structure of the SQL Server table (same field names) then you might be able to connect the โ€œCSV Parserโ€ directly to the โ€œSQL Server - insertโ€. Otherwise you can put a Mapper in between to map between the CSV structure and SQL Server table structure.

Good luck!