cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Raw Text into Body on REST Post

pcoleman
New Contributor III

We have an API thatโ€™s expecting raw text as the body of the call and Iโ€™m not clear on how to get SnapLogic to pass the data as raw unformatted text. If I map my text into $content and then pass that to the API

The problem is that when I look at how this is being passed, the receiving API is getting this:

I need it to be somehow stripped down to:
SELECT * from ENTRY
without the [โ€œโ€]

I understand that SnapLogic deals in JSON, so Iโ€™m not sure how I get around a system that doesnโ€™t want itโ€™s data that way. Iโ€™ve looked into passing it as JSON, but they donโ€™t seem to accommodate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pcoleman
New Contributor III

I should have remembered this because I used batch size=0 to solve this sort of problem before but Support steered me in this direction:

This worked and removed the json formatting around the raw text.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

viktor_n
Contributor II

It is possible that could be from the API side.

I have no idea what other can be.

pcoleman
New Contributor III

I can send the body successfully as raw text using Postman. Also Iโ€™ve verified that SnapLogic is adding the [โ€œโ€] in when I send the same call to a RequestBin that I use for testing. I may need to log a ticket on this. All great ideas to try from you though and I appreciate it!

viktor_n
Contributor II

Iโ€™ve created one pipeline which I am triggering with REST Post snap.
In that pipeline I donโ€™t do anything, just passing the data back as respone.

In HTTP entity I pass string and as response I get the same string back so it means that REST Post snap is not adding anything.

Here is the response that Iโ€™ve got:

pcoleman
New Contributor III

I donโ€™t think thatโ€™s quite true. Iโ€™m using an outside API Request bin (using pipedream.net) to test:
When I send from Snaplogic:

I see this in the request bin:

If I submit the same thing from Postman:

I get:

I suspect that SnapLogic is handling all of what you see internally.

Ultimately, I know itโ€™s unusual to have an API that requires RAW text, but this one does, so Iโ€™m in a bad spot because SnapLogic seems to force minimal JSON formatting even if I donโ€™t want it there.

pcoleman
New Contributor III

I should have remembered this because I used batch size=0 to solve this sort of problem before but Support steered me in this direction:

This worked and removed the json formatting around the raw text.