cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Schedule Task to run every 5 min

GBekkanti
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

I have a scheduled task for every 5 min. What happens if one execution is not completed with in 5 min. I have disabled the option โ€œDo not start a new execution if one is already activeโ€. Will it be in queue? or it will throw any exception. if it throws, what will happen to the previous execution? will it be stopped or executed completely?

For Example : I have scheduled at 5:00PM IST and the job is running still even after 5:16PM IST. what will happen to 5:05PM IST call? and 5:10PM IST call? what will happen to currently running job?

Thanks and Regards,
Gopi Bekkanti.

3 REPLIES 3

tlikarish
Employee
Employee

The another execution of the pipeline will start. If there is a JCC that is able to execute it, then it will start executing.

The current job will run to completion.

Here is the documentation on scheduling a task for more basic information. Let me know if there are other gaps or questions I can answer.

GBekkanti
New Contributor III

@tlikarish Thanks for your replyโ€ฆ

If we enable the option โ€œDo not start a new execution if one is already activeโ€, Can you please clarify me on what will happen for 5:05PM IST call? and 5:10PM IST call? what will happen to currently running job?

RogerSramkoski
Employee
Employee

@GBekkanti If you check the option โ€œDo not start a new execution if one is already activeโ€ the current running scheduled pipeline at 5:00PM IST will run to completion. If that pipeline ran for 15 minutes, then the schedules at 5:05PM, 5:10PM, and 5:15PM will not start. The Scheduled task will make a note in its history for the instances that could not start because a previous instance was still running.