cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unable to do error view writing as the error record is not showing in preview

amardeep2021
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I am trying to process millions of records even sometimes in billions. While validation, I am not seeing preview coming up for error view as we have 2000 limitation in preview. When I execute the pipeline, I am getting failure saying few incorrect field values or record incorrect out of the billions. I want to write them down using error view. But, as we have limitation on preview during validation, I couldnโ€™t pass them by selection in subsequent snaps after error view.

My objective is to write down all the error records with header, reason and resolution in a file for further analysis. Is there a way to do that as my error records are after 2000 preview limitation and I could have options to select required fields before validation.?

Please help.

Regards,
Amar

22 REPLIES 22

or you can also isNaN($.get(โ€˜aโ€™,โ€˜isnullโ€™))

when isNaN(null) will return false

amardeep2021
New Contributor III

Thanks all. I am trying to write only the records which has non numeric value for a by using below snaps and the filter condition as isNaN(parseInt($a)) == true. Pipeline completes successfully. Dashboard status showing filter input in 90 million and output as 30k. Since I have added a comment in the mapper after filter snap, I see the file with 30k rows with that comment. But I donโ€™t see any other fields passed to the final file except the comment. I tried pass through and also pulled fields manually in mapper after filter, still same. Can anyone know the reason and possible resolution for this? Kindly help.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.13.52 AM

Regards,
Amar.

amardeep2021
New Contributor III

One additional information, column headers are writing to the final file with the comment I have added in the mapper but no values written for the columns for all 30k rows. Any idea to fix this? Please help.

Regards,
Amar.

Try and validate if values are getting to the filter. Additionally, it would be helpful if you can take a screen shot of the maper after the filter.

amardeep2021
New Contributor III

Hi Bojan,

I could see the input output count in dashboard as attached below. Same number of rows I can see in final file with header, empty values and stat column with value as ageerror. PFA of mapper screenshot. Tried pass though as well, same result.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 9.05.57 AM
Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 9.06.40 AM

Regards,
Amar