cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing to Pipeline Parameters within Pipeline

ext_benp
New Contributor

Is it possible to set Pipeline Parameters within a Pipeline - e.g. from a Mapper. To be clear I don't want to read a Pipeline Parameter I want to set it.

I would like to set a Pipeline Parameter to contain a business identifier, e.g. Invoice ID, or Employee ID etc. and from here, it may be possible to provide some sort of Audit capability.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@ext_benp 

I don't have a child pipeline (and I don't want one). I think the Pipeline Execute Snap only works if I was calling a child pipeline, Correct? - > Yes. You can set the pipeline to invoke itself with the Pipeline Execute Snap(and set the needed parameters), but its not an ideal solution 😄 

And yes, I don't think that you can set the pipeline parameters without passing it from the parent process or external REST call. 

Looking at your case, I guess your pipeline is exposed as a REST endpoint, so either:

•  you can pass the InvoiceID, EmployeeID as a query parameters while calling the pipeline
  •  or store the parameters in a file(SLDB or any other external file locations), database table, SnapLogic Tables etc. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@ext_benp 

You can utilize the Pipeline Execute Snap to call the pipeline and pass/set the pipeline parameters. In the pipeline on which you will pass/set the parameters, you can capture the parameters: 

SpiroTaleski_0-1724166623870.png

So, in the Dashboard -> Execution Status -> Pipeline Parameters, you will be able to see what have been set for the captured parameters. 

@SpiroTaleski 

I don't have a child pipeline (and I don't want one). I think the Pipeline Execute Snap only works if I was calling a child pipeline, Correct?

I am trying to achieve something like the below where Audit Invoice ID could set a Pipeline Parameter before completing. 

I strongly suspect this approach won't work, I am trying to see if I can get some Audit capability out of SnapLogic without having to create special pipelines and messages which would impact performance.

ext_benp_0-1724168345735.png

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@ext_benp 

I don't have a child pipeline (and I don't want one). I think the Pipeline Execute Snap only works if I was calling a child pipeline, Correct? - > Yes. You can set the pipeline to invoke itself with the Pipeline Execute Snap(and set the needed parameters), but its not an ideal solution 😄 

And yes, I don't think that you can set the pipeline parameters without passing it from the parent process or external REST call. 

Looking at your case, I guess your pipeline is exposed as a REST endpoint, so either:

•  you can pass the InvoiceID, EmployeeID as a query parameters while calling the pipeline
  •  or store the parameters in a file(SLDB or any other external file locations), database table, SnapLogic Tables etc. 

Thanks for your responses. You have confirmed my suspicions. It does seem a gap that SnapLogic is unable to provide business metric audit capability without not insignificant customisations.