cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy snap creating output that is multiplied by number of records

clarrivey
New Contributor

I have a pipeline that creates files based upon 490 records in an Oracle table. I create the output by doing a select on static headings that I create and union it with actual records from the table and then I sftp the file. I wanted to also be able to email the file, so snapLogic support suggested adding a Copy snap and sending one to sftp and the other to email, so I added a Copy snap right after the Oracle Execute snap that then went to a CSV Formatter snap and then to a File Writer snap to sftp. The copy also went to a CSV Formatter and then a File Writer to create a file in my directory and finally an email snap to send the file. All of this worked EXCEPT that the listing I received was 491 records (which included a header) TIMES 490!!! For whatever reason, it repeated the copy 490 times!!! Any ideas as to why???

17 REPLIES 17

koryknick
Employee
Employee

The view names are simply a way to reference the data as it streams - it doesn’t affect the data as it moves.

If you could provide a screenshot of the Pipeline Execution Statistics for this job, that might help me explain to you what is happening within the pipeline. You can get this either from Designer (if you are running manually), from this button in the toolbar:
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 10.09.31 AM

Or by clicking the Status text from Dashboard:
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 10.10.30 AM

clarrivey
New Contributor

SLPL.docx (1.2 MB)

clarrivey
New Contributor

It looks like the Oracle - Execute3 is taking the input 490 records and multiplying it by 491 (includes the header). But why?

clarrivey
New Contributor

So, when I add the Tail snap in, it only delivers 1 record - the header!

clarrivey
New Contributor

Interesting…when I pull it out of the pipeline and create a new pipeline, it works as it should: