cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PostgreSQL - Execute Snap

chmurray88
New Contributor II

Does the PostgreSQL - Execute Snap not support using CTEโ€™s as part of the query? When I try to include 1 or more CTEโ€™s. all I get out of the snap is a status and message field returned, not the actual data.

11 REPLIES 11

virender_prajap
New Contributor III

You are right, I have also faced the same issue twice. As a solution, I removed the subquery from the CTE table. Also raised the same issue with SnapLogic via Corporate Infrastructure management team and got below response.

Issue /Situation Issue with Postgres execute snap

Current Status: You are seeing an issue with postgre execute snap when executing CTE with Sub expressions

Next Action:Our Dev team is currently working on a fix for this issue where if we are using any regular expression function inside CTEs then the user sees just the success message rather than the actual output.The fix is currently in testing phase and this fix will be released tentatively with a 4.34 GA release which is planned for the month of Aug 2023. Meanwhile you can try generic JDBC snap as work arounf and let me know if that works for you

The response from the team is unclear because I raised the issue about subquery but got an answer on regex expression.

Will update on the more, If Iโ€™ll get further update on this.

Thanks,
Virender

Priya19
New Contributor

Hi,

I want to use output parameter from sql server execute snap to postgre sql execute snap. This parameter contains a query that I want to run as it is using Postgre SQL execute snap. I have tried the syntax $Query. Its not working. Please help