cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preview not available for Flow snaps

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Certain flow snaps like “Filter”, “Head”, “Tail” when used in a complex pipeline doesn’t generate a preview while validating the entire pipeline however these generate a preview if the pipeline is simple.

For instance, if I’m trying to read data from an excel file with 100k+ records and use either ‘filter’ or ‘head/tail’, I can see the preview when the pipeline has been validated but it doesn’t generate one when the pipeline is huge. Any specific reason behind this?

I would want to see the preview as the pipeline that I’m currently developing is a complex one (multiple snaps prior to “flow” snaps), thereafter it needs a ‘filter + head/tail’ (i.e. flow snaps) and then it will again require a bunch of other snaps after those ‘filter + head/tail’ making it complex again.

Help on this matter would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Darsh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What @dmiller probably meant, is, that the 50 records validating doesn’t meet the criteria in the filter.

Try increasing the preview count.

I’m pretty sure there’s nothing wrong with the Filter snap, and to prove that, you can try and add true as a filter expression and re-validate. You should see all 50 records passed through.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Exactly, even I get the preview for flow snaps but as I mentioned earlier, works only when the pipeline is not complex.

What @dmiller probably meant, is, that the 50 records validating doesn’t meet the criteria in the filter.

Try increasing the preview count.

I’m pretty sure there’s nothing wrong with the Filter snap, and to prove that, you can try and add true as a filter expression and re-validate. You should see all 50 records passed through.

Thank you @bojanvelevski for the suggestion. As far as I remember, the filter criteria has been kept in such a way that it should have passed all the records however lemme try your suggestion and keep you posted on this thread.

Regarding a simple pipeline, preview worked as seen below:

@dmiller: I tried with Shift + Validate but it didn’t work, I will go ahead with @bojanvelevski’s suggestion for now.

Please keep in mind that this expression will pass all of the records, and it’s just for debugging purposes.

Absolutely, thanks @bojanvelevski.
Putting the condition as true worked, thanks a lot for your help 🙂

Sharing the snap below for your references: