cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Salesforce Outbound Message Notification

asharifian
Employee
Employee

A key feature in Salesforce is the ability to send outbound notifications upon changes to assets - such as Accounts, Contacts, Leads, etc. This can be useful for real-time integrations with external systems.

1d44904ffa65e406a207691426591fffaec4dfa5.jpg

To implement this feature, as a prerequisite, you should already have a Salesforce Developer account. This can be obtained for free. Also note that only new and modified records can be sent outbound. Deletions cannot be captured.

Attached is a sample pipeline that receives an outbound message from Salesforce and sends a response back.

Outbound Message Integration_2017_02_28.slp (6.5 KB)

12 REPLIES 12

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

@asharifian can correct me if he meant this to be implemented in another way, but itโ€™s likely available via a triggered task.

• In Designer, on the far right of the toolbar, click the More Tools arrow.
  • On the expanded toolbar, click Create Task 08%20PM
  • Fill out the necessary details and save it. In the confirmation message should be a link to see tasks for this project in Manager.
  • Click that link, or go to Manager, find your project and look at your tasks.
  • Find the task you created, click the drop-down arrow and select Details. You should find the Cloud URL for there.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

ronnyr
New Contributor

@dmiller I created the Task and now should I add those task in the beginning of the Pipeline (before Receive SFDC Message snap). What snap should I use to attach that Task I created earlier?

Thanks.

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

A triggered task lets you run the task from that URL, so you wouldnโ€™t add it into the pipeline. See How to Run a Pipeline from a URL (Triggered Task) in the documentation.

Diane Miller
Community Manager