cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Update the Service URL and HTTP header in the Rest Post snap

PulseAmit
New Contributor

Is there a way we can programmatically update the Service URL and HTTP header in the Rest Post snap, after copying a pipeline, which has a Rest Post Snap, from one project folder to another?

6 REPLIES 6

@PulseAmit

Below is my experiment with expression libraries which seems hopeful. Honestly though, this seems a pretty common problem, and maybe our support team can reach out to other teams which have experience migrating assets from one org to another. There must be some canned solutions out there. I havenโ€™t tried using the migration pipeline in the article I linked to, but that seems pretty helpful too.

Here is my project structure:

Organization: PROD

+ ProjectSpace1
    + shared
        basic-auth-rest-account1 (REST Basic Auth Account)

+ conf
        env.expr

+ Project1
        rest post pipeline

Organization: DEV

+ ProjectSpaceDev
    + shared
        (no REST account defined)

+ conf
        env.expr

+ ProjectDev
        rest post pipeline

Here are the definitions of the expression libs (env.expr)

PROD (env.expr):
  {
    "serviceUrl": "http://127.0.0.1:8001/prod",

"accounts": {
      "RestAccount": x => "../shared/basic-auth-rest-account1"
    }
  }

DEV (env.expr):
  {
    "serviceUrl": "http://127.0.0.1:8001/test",

"accounts": {
      "RestAccount": x => ""
    }
  }

Screenshot from 2021-08-17 15-59-57

Screenshot from 2021-08-17 16-00-19

Screenshot from 2021-08-17 16-00-50

Pipeline is just a single REST POST snap defining the Service URL and Account Reference via expressions. Observe how the expression library is attached in the pipeline parameters dialog with an alias (โ€œenvโ€). The PROD lib defines a REST account whereas DEV doesnโ€™t, but it could.

With this configuration, I was able to export/import my pipeline from one org to another, and have it run in the target org using the expression values for that environment/organization.

The cool thing is that I didnโ€™t have to modify the REST POST snap. However, you can see the configuration is somewhat fragile and depends on common configuration patterns (ex: relative pathing, etc). Iโ€™m not sure of your organization project workspace structure, but maybe you can leverage some of this with other community inputs, plus help from support.

PulseAmit
New Contributor

@mbowen ,

Thanks for the update and provide your findings with an Expression Library.

Specifically, Your experiment with expression libraries really helps us in implementing the solution in the Pipeline.

Iโ€™ll respond to the same thread If we face any issue in pipeline development going forward.

Regards,
Amit A.