cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Asynchronous REST POST Functional Response

ahouston
New Contributor II

Hello all,
New user here. Could someone please provide an example of how to model handling of an asynchronous callback to a REST Post call? Do I define this within the pipeline from which the Post call is made or do I need to set up a dedicated response handler pipeline? Would this be done via triggered task or do I need to create an API? Any guidance/examples would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Adam

1 REPLY 1

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@ahouston

Per my opinion, having a separate pipeline that will be dedicated only for handling and processing the async responses is better and simpler approach. Inside the pipeline you will need to apply a logic for handling/receiving and processing the incoming messages(async responses). That pipeline can be exposed as an REST API, by creating the triggered task for that pipeline. You donโ€™t need to create any additional/external APIโ€™s. Once you create triggered task, the pipeline will have REST endpoint and basic or token authentication, and can be invoked from the external systems.

Triggered Tasks: https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/1438189/Triggered+Tasks

Regards,
Spiro Taleski