cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Count of files in a directory

amit_saroha
New Contributor III

Hi,

I want to find out the count of files in a directory, could you please suggest how to achieve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @amit.saroha

I think nsinggam means this.

• the first snap is a directory browser where you just put down the path of your directory (full path of your org (name in top right corner) with the project space en project name next to it so like.
    org/projectspace/projectname
  • Next in the filter snapp you filter on type: $Type == โ€œFileโ€
  • in the aggregate snap you choose count then define the fields to count for example the names or other unique field and then choose the result field names: e.g $totalFiles

But I donโ€™t know why there is a yellow triangle, anyone knows why ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

nsingam
Employee
Employee

Hi Amit,

You can use the directory browser to fetch all the files and sub directories and filter only files using Type, then use the aggregate snap to get the count.

amit_saroha
New Contributor III

@nsingam, Thank you, could you provide a example please.

Hi @amit.saroha

I think nsinggam means this.

• the first snap is a directory browser where you just put down the path of your directory (full path of your org (name in top right corner) with the project space en project name next to it so like.
    org/projectspace/projectname
  • Next in the filter snapp you filter on type: $Type == โ€œFileโ€
  • in the aggregate snap you choose count then define the fields to count for example the names or other unique field and then choose the result field names: e.g $totalFiles

But I donโ€™t know why there is a yellow triangle, anyone knows why ?