cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File writing using smb path

Harsha3
New Contributor III

Hi Good day,

I am trying to write a file in the remote desktop server . Instead of hardcoding the data I have parametrized certain fields as we have sequential child execution running for each country.

This is my path:

‘smb://sgkcawveemwdv02.astrazeneca.net/D$/Dataloader/IE/REPORT_EXTRACT/’
+Country+‘/CALL_EXTRACT/EXTRACT_OUTBOUND/’+(Date.now().plusDays(1).toString()).substring(0,10).replaceAll(‘-’,‘’)+" AZ_Veeva_Activity_Call_Detail_OUTBOUND+“_”+_Country+“.csv”

It is showing parsing error at “EXTRACT_OUTBOUND” . Please help in getting this resolved.

Thanks,
Harshavardhana

2 REPLIES 2

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@Harsha3

Please try with the below path :

“smb://sgkcawveemwdv02.astrazeneca.net/D$/Dataloader/IE/REPORT_EXTRACT/Country/CALL_EXTRACT/EXTRACT_OUTBOUND/”+(Date.now().plusDays(1).toString()).substring(0,10).replaceAll(‘-’,‘’)+" AZ_Veeva_Activity_Call_Detail_OUTBOUND"+“_”+_Country+“.csv”

Regards,
Spiro Taleski

Harsha3
New Contributor III

Hi Taleski,

Thanks so much it works when I changed the plex to Groundplex . Moreover for writing the files in SMB does “File operation” snap works , I could find that the operation is not supported when writing the file from source to target within a server , however the same approach works well in the case of S3 writer.

Source:

“smb://sgkcawveemwdv02.astrazeneca.net/D$/Dataloader/IE/REPORT_EXTRACT/”+_Country+“/CALL_EXTRACT/EXTRACT_OUTBOUND/”+(Date.now().plusDays(1).toString()).substring(0,10).replaceAll(‘-’,‘’)+“AZ_Veeva_Activity_Call_Detail_OUTBOUND"+"”+_Country+“.csv”

Target:
“smb://sgkcawveemwdv02.astrazeneca.net/D$/Dataloader/IE/REPORT_EXTRACT/”+_Country+“/CALL_EXTRACT/ARCHIVE/”+(Date.now().plusDays(1).toString()).substring(0,10).replaceAll(‘-’,‘’)+“AZ_Veeva_Activity_Call_Detail_OUTBOUND"+"”+_Country+“.csv”

Operation performed : Copy

Plex used :Groundplex ( by changing the plex to cloudplex the file writer snap fails )

Thanks,
Harshavardhana