Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to convert yyyymmdd to yyyy-mm-dd

Sahil
Contributor

Hi,
I have a element as:-
jsonPath($, “$Z_ORD.IDOC.DK02[].DATE")
and value is coming as 20210521(yyyymmdd).
I need to convert it to 2021-05-21 and map it to target ml element.
I am using mapper. Tried like below:-
Date.parse(jsonPath($, "$Z_ORD.IDOC.DK02[
].DATE”,“yyyMMdd”)).toLocaleDateTimeString({“format”:“yyyy-MM-dd”}) || null

but getting error as:-
Not-a-number (NaN) does not have a method named: toLocaleDateTimeString, found in: …:“yyyy-MM-dd”}). Perhaps you meant: toString, toExponential, toPrecision, toFixed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

I ment at the end of my expression which parsed your date.

Date.parse($Z_ORD.IDOC.DK02.map(x=>x.DATE.toString().substring(0,4)).concat($Z_ORD.IDOC.DK02.map(x=>x.DATE.toString().substring(4,6)),$Z_ORD.IDOC.DK02.map(x=>x.DATE.toString().substring(6))).join(“-”)).toLocaleDateString()

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

Hi @Sahil,

I presume the jsonPath should look like this : jsonPath($, “$Z_ORD.IDOC.DK02[*].DATE”). The value from this jsonPath is an array, so to get it, you have to go with .toString() or with indexing [0]. Even than, Date.parse() would return incorrect date, because 20210521 will be treated as an integer of milliseconds since midnight January 1, 1970 UTC. You can use one of the following expressions to get the right format:

Date.parse([…jsonPath($, “$Z_ORD.IDOC.DK02[].DATE").toString().substring(0,4),jsonPath($, "$Z_ORD.IDOC.DK02[].DATE”).toString().substring(4,6),jsonPath($, “$Z_ORD.IDOC.DK02[*].DATE”).toString().substring(6)].join(“-”))

Date.parse($Z_ORD.IDOC.DK02.map(x=>x.DATE.toString().substring(0,4)).concat($Z_ORD.IDOC.DK02.map(x=>x.DATE.toString().substring(4,6)),$Z_ORD.IDOC.DK02.map(x=>x.DATE.toString().substring(6))).join(“-”))

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Bojan

Hi,
Thank you for the reply.
1st option was throwing error so I tried 2nd one but getting date as
2021-03-17T00:00:00.000 UTC

it should be just, please let me know how do I rectify it.
2021-03-17

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

Use the following method : .toLocaleDateString()
Or you can add a specific format : .toLocaleDateString({“format”:“yyyy/MM/dd”})