cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Task to run every 5 min

GBekkanti
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

I have a scheduled task for every 5 min. What happens if one execution is not completed with in 5 min. I have disabled the option “Do not start a new execution if one is already active”. Will it be in queue? or it will throw any exception. if it throws, what will happen to the previous execution? will it be stopped or executed completely?

For Example : I have scheduled at 5:00PM IST and the job is running still even after 5:16PM IST. what will happen to 5:05PM IST call? and 5:10PM IST call? what will happen to currently running job?

Thanks and Regards,
Gopi Bekkanti.

3 REPLIES 3

tlikarish
Employee
Employee

The another execution of the pipeline will start. If there is a JCC that is able to execute it, then it will start executing.

The current job will run to completion.

Here is the documentation on scheduling a task for more basic information. Let me know if there are other gaps or questions I can answer.

GBekkanti
New Contributor III

@tlikarish Thanks for your reply…

If we enable the option “Do not start a new execution if one is already active”, Can you please clarify me on what will happen for 5:05PM IST call? and 5:10PM IST call? what will happen to currently running job?

RogerSramkoski
Employee
Employee

@GBekkanti If you check the option “Do not start a new execution if one is already active” the current running scheduled pipeline at 5:00PM IST will run to completion. If that pipeline ran for 15 minutes, then the schedules at 5:05PM, 5:10PM, and 5:15PM will not start. The Scheduled task will make a note in its history for the instances that could not start because a previous instance was still running.