cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultra lineage

PSAmmirata
Employee
Employee

I’m confused about the concept of maintaining lineage in an ultra pipeline. Specifically what’s needed to maintain lineage? And, what types of actions will break lineage? Is there any documentation that better explains this?

I’ve created a simple ultra pipeline that consists of a mapper snap that does not have pass through enabled and it works. I don’t understand how lineage is maintained in this instance.

11 REPLIES 11

ptaylor
Employee
Employee

The lineage relationship between the output doc and the input doc is established using the document API the snap code is calling. It’s independent of whether the output doc includes any sort of visible pass through of the input date; the lineage links are in the invisible document metadata.

We have fixed a couple of bugs recently where a snap wasn’t establishing the lineage relationship correctly. Are there particular snaps you’re having difficulty with regards to lineage?

Thanks @ptaylor . There aren’t any particular snaps we’re having difficulty with.

malladi
New Contributor II

I am observing lineage error in salesforce subscriber snap. The error message “The document created by " does not contain lineage information and cannot be used as output from an ultra pipeline”. Can you please help me understand what is the root cause for this issue?

Can you please post a screenshot of your pipeline? Or better yet, the URL from the address bar?