cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Zip Snap file structure

SuryaReddy
New Contributor

I have a pipeline which reads data from an S3 location and writes to an SMB location with no transformations. The pipeline involves 2 main snaps, S3 reader connected to Zip write snap. The Zip write snap recreates the whole structure of the S3 location in the Zip file, which I would like to avoid and place all the files in either a root directory or a directory of my choice instead of copying the S3 structure.
As there is no transformation, I do not want to parse the files and parse back again. Is there a way of doing this?

5 REPLIES 5

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

Hi @SuryaReddy,

I cannot understand the reason why you have to write Zip file , and read it after? Why not a plain S3 read, and write to SMB? Are you using the same path from the S3, to set the file path to SMB? Iโ€™m just guessing. Example:

s3:///mybucket@s3.eu-test-1.amazonaws.com/test_files/csv/input.csv => smb://smb.Snaplogic.com:445/test_files/csv/input.csv

If this is the case, you can easily take the filename only, and define the target path on your own, if not, please send some more details.

SuryaReddy
New Contributor

Hi @bojanvelevski ,
The pipeline does this:
Read files (and there are multiple files to read) from S3 bucket ==> Write to an SMB Location as a zipped file.
When doing this, the zip file has the same folder structure as the S3, which is very deep. I am looking to avoid this deep structure and make a much more flat structure.

Example:
S3 file folder structure: Bucket โ†’ Folder1 โ†’ Folder2 โ†’ Folder3 โ†’ File
Zip file structure: Zip file name (User defined) โ†’ Bucket โ†’ Folder1 โ†’ Folder2 โ†’ Folder3 โ†’ File
Required: Zip file name (User defined) โ†’ Bucket โ†’ Folder1 โ†’ File

Thatโ€™s because you are passing the content location as a target filepath. Use the following expression to get the filename only:

$['content-location'].split('/')[$['content-location'].split('/').length -1]

than, you can define the path as you like it to be. Example:

"smb://smb.Snaplogic.com:445/Bucket/Folder1/" + $['content-location'].split('/')[$['content-location'].split('/').length -1]

Donโ€™t forget to enable the expressions functionality.

SuryaReddy
New Contributor

Test pipeline 0_2021_10_01.slp (3.0 KB)
I have uploaded a stripped down version of the pipeline, can you advise how to change the path you mention above?